Allen Metropolitan Housing Authority (AMHA) is committed to providing affordable, decent, safe and sanitary housing while promoting economic opportunities for families in the region. In order to achieve this we will:
• Educate families in the areas of home management, financial self-sufficiency and Home Ownership.
• Promote crime-free housing.
• Encourage and promote home ownership.
• Collaborate with organizations for community development.
• Support youth development through various programs.
• Continue to maintain solid fiscal management.
What is Public Housing?
Public Housing in Lima, Ohio, is a program managed and operated by AMHA, a federally funded organization designed to benefit eligible low-income families, seniors and persons with disabilities. AMHA administers the public housing program via various properties we own and operate.
To apply for public housing you must fill out an application, which will place you on the wait list. When you reach the top of the wait list, you will be contacted by the Intake Department for screening. All applicants must successfully pass the screening process in order to be approved for housing. To check on the status of your application call the Intake Department at 419.228.6065.
Looking for a specific form to download? Visit the "Forms" page for downloadable PDFs.